Who Do You Think Is More Prepared To Help You Hear Better?


  • They’re required to have graduated from an accredited audiology program with a Doctorate or Masters Degree
  • Doctors of Audiology are certified and trained to manage many areas of hearing healthcare
  • They perform diagnostic tests for balance/dizziness
  • Doctors of Audiology perform auditory processing evaluations for infants, children, and adults
  • They design, help select, and fit hearing instruments
  • They provide rehabilitation therapy for hearing disorders which might include strategies to improve aided hearing, speech-reading, and sign language
  • Doctors of Audiology help manage cerumen (earwax)
  • They evaluate and manage tinnitus (ringing in the ear)
  • Doctors of Audiology provide patient and family counseling about living with hearing loss

Audiologist focus on providing a high level of patient care to ensure overall hearing health!



  • No minimum educational requirements in PA
  • Hearing Instrument Specialist perform rudimentary hearing tests for the purpose of selling hearing aids to adults only
  • Hearing Instrument Specialist fits and sells hearing aids

Hearing Instrument Specialists focus primarily on product sales!


So…Who Do You Think Is More Prepared To Help You Hear Better? With so much at stake, don’t settle for anyone less than the best hearing professional to fit you with your hearing devices and help you hear better.