Aging, hereditary, exposure to loud noise, medications, infections, or disease, can cause hearing Loss. It negatively impacts quality of life, personal relationships and, of course, the ability to communicate. You may have a hearing loss if…
- You hear people speaking but have trouble understanding their words.
- You don’t laugh at jokes because you missed the punch line.
- You frequently complain that people mumble or speak to fast.
- You need to ask others about the details of a meeting you just attended.
- You listen to the TV or radio louder than those around you.
If you have any of these symptoms, you should see an audiologist for a comprehensive hearing evaluation. Most hearing problems do not require medical intervention. In fact over 95% of all hearing losses are not medically or surgically treatable. However, it is very important to receive the proper diagnosis before considering amplification. For more information or to schedule an appointment please call us.